When creating web applications, we all try to create good SEO tags in the header of each page. Modifying the meta tags based on page content is a standard practice. In Blazor, this is not obvious as the _host.cshtml is rendered before the Blazor execution pipeline.
There was a tag extension in the preview of Blazor 5 which didn’t make it into the release and there are no news if this is continued or not (just a note from a program manager that this didn’t make it into the release) … so I guess this will be solved across the board in next release …. ? 🙂
This works nicely if you make sure to use server prerendering as explained in the documentation. The default setup options result in (at least) the Facebook screen scraping does not collect the updated title and meta elements, but only the original ones (which are the site static default ones).
Had some problems with the EF6 – working with 2 tables in the UserManagement schema – created an automatic association table in the dbo schema. Look no further than here for an explanation and solution
#notetoself … Once again, scratching my head for way to long about something that turns out to have a simple workaround #devlife
On one of my (new) blazor pages (/Bookings/TeeTimes), onclick event was not firing. Didn’t matter what kind of flavour of onclick declaration I used, the event was not getting fired.
Until of course I noticed that this page was producing a lot of blazor loading errors:
Turns out I was running the project (as usual) from command line (dotnet) and had a shortcut in my browser to go directly to this page. Seems like that sets the “document root” to “Bookings” and from that it tries to find the blazor files.
Starting from the root page and navigating to the Bookings/TeeTimes page solved the problem, with the permanent fix being adding this within the head element of the layout
Við erum live c.a. þriðja hvern þriðjudag (þri-þri – auðvelt að muna) en hina 1-2 þriðjudagana á milli munum við hita upp með einhverju skemmtilegu myndskeiði sem leiðir okkur að efnisatriði næsta fundar. Sjáumst “live” eftir 2 vikur.
Continuing my framework move from .net framework 4.8 to .net 5 (Preview7) I obviously have to take the step moving from a framework Entity Framework to EntityFrameworkCore. A few notes to self regarding the upgrade.
The old context generation doesn’t make sense any more. EF core understandably doesn’t have the design options 4.8 (EF 6.2) had, so what made sense for me was to regenerate the model from database using
This simply worked out of the box, with a new code representation of my database generated in the defined target folder.
As I am dealing with substantial number of tables, some with non-orthodox naming conventions (plural entity names – which I will fix), the generated code varied slightly from my pre-existing entity structure, breaking a lot of code.
Signing packages failed. java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/android/apksigner/ApkSignerTool has been compiled by a more recent version of Java Runtime(class file version 53.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions of up to 52.0